Friday, February 28, 2014

Employee Spotlight - Matt Price

Matt Price 


Fleet Sales 

Here is a little about our phenomenal fleet sales person Matt Price. 

Q: How long have you been in the Tri-Cities

A; We Moved to the Tri-Cities in the late 80's

Q: How long have you been at McCurley

A: I have been working here at McCurley going on 11 years - all of them in the Fleet & Commercial Dept.

Q: What is your favorite part about working at McCurley integrity dealerships? 

A: The long term working relationships I get to have with my clients, and the employees that work for them - and let me tell you, I've got great folks as clients/freinds. 

Q: Tell us a little about what it is like working in the Fleet department. 

A; The Commercial Division affords me the opportunity to get out on the road and visit with clients; meet new ones on their turf, help company's manage their fleets of vehicles (big or small), and one of the cool parts is designing Commercial Rigs that meet or exceed the clients needs which in turn help them work efficiently, thereby helping them improve their bottom line.  Of course, it helps that we have a great group of guys in this department to work with - and Missy is always there to back us up on dotting every "I" and crossing every "T".  Heaven knows I'd rather be shaking hands and having fun, then doing paperwork.

Q: What is your favorite thing to do outside of work? 

A: Outside of work - spend time with friends, play golf, and of course - watch Baseball (the purist sport on the planet)

Q: We know you have a penchant for Corvettes. What is it about them that captivates you?

A:  The Corvette is an American Icon, the history of the car is fantastic, and knowing that other sports car manufacturers turn to the Corvette Team to learn about the latest technologies is impressive.  The newest generation C7 Corvette is stunning, exceeds all expectations, and has new innovative technologies and other features that don't exist in any other vehicle. The Corvette is exhilarating to drive, and the fellowship amongst other owners is unmatched.  You get a bunch of Corvette Owners together, you can make a whole lot happen.  Like the Corvettes on the Columbia Car Show in June to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Washington, over 250 Corvettes will invade the Tri-Cities - and when the weekend is over, 10 Children here in Eastern Washington who are fighting life-threatening illnesses will have their "Wishes" granted thanks to this Community and the Community of Corvette owners who come together for such a great cause.  That's a BIG reason why I like the Corvette so much.  It moves people.

Q: Which Corvette is your favorite? 

A: 1963 was a great year, and I really enjoy seeing a "'63 Split Window Coupe, but I must admit - I'm a modern, "bring me the New" kinda guy, and when I saw the 2014 C7 and spent 3 days in Nevada training in the car on the track and in the classroom - it won me over.  All you can say is WOW!!


Q: What is your favorite part about working at McCurley integrity dealerships? 

A: The long term working relationships I get to have with my clients, and the employees that work for them - and let me tell you, I've got great folks as clients/freinds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment